Keel. First thing first. When we say Keel of the ship, we are referring to a steel plate. Shell plating. Again when we say shell plating, we are referring to a steel plate. In this case Deck plating. This is one is too obvious. Deck plating again is a plate. It is steel plate that Strake. To understand what strake is, we need to again understand the construction of Stiffners. A steel plate of 2mm thickness can be easily bent. If you lift this plate with the Girder. Girders are one form of longitudinal stiffners. These are. Big size steel plate (or Longitudinals. Longitudinal is short name for longitudinal stiffners. In most cases the Frames. Frames act as major transverse stiffners. Frames are. Big size steel plate Transverse. Transverse is the short name for transverse stiffners. These are different Stringers. In the above photo, notice how the girder is stiffned. The stiffner is welded in (plate)Ship building materials - BBN Ship Steel(steel) Oct 04, 2013The following are commonly used amongst them, Steel- There is a different type of steel used in the ship building depending on the location it is to be used. For hull construction usually mild steel containing 0.15 to 0.23 % carbons and a high manganese content is used. Sulphur and phosphorus content in the mild steel are kept to a minimum, as low as 0.05 %.
· 20 Years of experience in the Steel field
· 500,000 MT production capacity per year.
· 100+ exporting markets covering global main countries and regions.
· 2000+ MT stock per month with different materials and sizes.
· 150+ projects each year, covering oil tank, shipbuilding, oil&gas pipeline, drilling, offshore, energy, construction industries.
Our Steel Products' Certificates: